The diet of an athlete, in general, differs from a traditional plan and meets specific needs. This applies even more in bodybuilding where the period of mass gain alternates with the dry . To optimize this step, you will have to set up a specific food program.
I need an example of a typical menu to dry!
It is very simple. Drying means reducing fat without sacrificing muscle . For that, you will have to count your calories, in addition to the rest. The question of kcal is inevitable in nutrition and all the more in sport! Be careful not to reduce too fast. A drop of 200 kcal per week is a good rhythm . It’s also easier than making big changes at once.
Menus for a typical dry day
- A breakfast consisting of two eggs , an orange juice, 50 grams of oatmeal and a green tea
- A snack in the morning : almonds (about 20 grams)
- Lunch consisting of 50 grams of raw vegetables , 100 grams of protein, 200 grams of vegetables with 10 grams of olive oil
- Before training : 50 grams of oatmeal and a possible supplement
- After training : an energy bar or a supplement
- A dinner consisting of 200 grams of vegetables , 100 grams of protein, 75 grams of quinoa and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Basic principles for drying in bodybuilding
On your plate, carbohydrates must have the share . To achieve this, you need to bet on foods with a high glycemic index such as potatoes, turnips, carrots , white flour, cereals , pumpkin, watermelon , dates, or juices. fruits . The protein level should follow the following ratio: 2 grams of protein per kg of your weight.
If you are vegetarian, vegetable proteins are very interesting, go for it! For lipids, do not exceed the daily dose of 1 gram per kg. Choose salmon and olive oil for this category.
With or without supplement?
If it is impossible to lose weight or to talk without sport, you can do without supplementation as long as your diet is balanced. It is all the more natural and despite all effective! The supplements are reserved for regular sportsmen and wishing to achieve high goals, or as a one-off help.
These targeted menus, in parallel with your training, will make you quickly lose fat!